Monday, October 16, 2006

The Jellicle Ball Is Over

Well that’s it.

Cats is no more, after an intense week of shows and parties Cats is over. At this stage im not sure if im sad or happy. I suppose different parts of me want different things, my knees want me to stop, and most of my body excluding my voice wants it to be over. My voice wants it to continue forever and ever.

After running the double show on sat and sun and virtually selling out on all nights and matinees I think it was quite successful.

I will have some great photos to post at a later date; some of the group shots are amazing.

I want to share my two favourite things about Cats, being around people who love music theatre as much as I do, these people, cast, crew, orchestra, choir and the artistic team have made this show amazing. The prior knowledge that the audience is either going to love or hate this show is unnerving in itself. That’s why everyone pulled together to make this show as well as it can possible be.

My other favourite thing about this show, and I know its clique, is the friends that I have made. Some of the most diverse people in Townsville do music theatre. From cabinetmakers and fitters and turners, to choreographers and professional vocal coaches. These people have so much talents and it’s this industry that keeps their dreams of professional work alive. Most of them will never get to be in a professional show but the dream is there and amateur theatre is a handy tool for keeping it alive.

A big shout out to my lover, who without I wouldn't have been able to complete the show. I felt naked without you next to me on stage and it was an absolute pleasure to work with you. You have such an amazing talent and what a voice.

My highlights, auditions, after a massive session the night before, for which I was labelled with my porter in crime a "tequila bandit" I was able to audition for the cats dancing auditions. Being extremely hung over I turned up to be faced with a panel that was determined to show us what the show is like.

Second Highlight, Saturday night, Wow the audience rocked, they lifted us to a knew level. Usually its the other was around, but after two previous nights of a reasonably polite audience, they lifted us to knew heights.

Some great stuff ups, Old Deuteronomy going around in circles cause he missed a line. Me breaking the set on Sat night, damn fish bones.

One thing I will miss the being so physical, our warm ups consisted of dimming the house lights in the theatre and sending the stage lighting into a frenzy of disco flashes doing aerobics to Madonna. The photos are hysterical.

To those who came to see it, thank you I hope you enjoyed it and we shall see you for grease in January. If you were not lucky enough too then to bad cause it was excellent.

Peace out.

" Almost, Almost, Almost, ahh there we go, Well Done!

(z)

The Metro One

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW. you are totally fabulous. we should totally get together some time. if your lover is still around he can join in ;-) nothing wrong with 3 in the bed.

youre a total sex machine zacy boy. love you so much xoxoxoxoxoxox

12:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually grant my lover is a girl, when i say lover i mean in cats.

12:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did u break the set? you were only apart of the chorus. my lord if someone should be allowed to break the set it should be someone of importance

8:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its those damn fishnet stockings i tell you. im just still getting use to the, one snag and someone of so little importance like myself was able to break the set. but its all in proportion i mean if chris(rum tum tugger) is able to snap the re-enforced ramp in two surely i am allowed to snap a flimsy wish bone? Maybe not.

1:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aren't you going "out" wiht that guy jacksen...

10:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope Wrong Again.

(z)

7:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bullshit - you are going out with Jackson... and I think he'd be pissed if he knew you called him a girl...

10:05 pm  
Blogger Damian said...

Jackson gave me a discount and free coffee when I went to Gloria Jeans to get some ground beans. Therefore, Jackson = good bloke

7:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jackson is a fucking legend!! Too bad Zac can't even keep it in his pants long enough to realise that!

8:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh come on comment about something you know a little about dickhead.

11:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm - hit a nerve?? everyone know's about it Zac - so I don't know why you are trying to keep it a secret - it's pretty bad when he had to leave the show to get away from you rubbing it in his face - but hey - I "don't know" what I'm talking about...

9:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the fact is i left him. the fact is that he wanted it to continue, so again i will state the obvious... comment when you know the full story... because your obviously misinformed.

7:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home